June 3, 2013

Almost Epic

Epic, adj.
impressively great

courtesy of artinsightsmagazine.com

Spirited Away (for me) was epic. And so is Ponyo, and Tangled, and Animal Farm... but Epic (2013) fell a little short on being impressively great - it was enjoyable though. Luckily, I expected it to be worse, so finding out that it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be is a welcomed feeling. 

The opening billboard wasn't captivating so expect to lean in (or at least stop playing iconomia) during the latter part. As for me, I started paying more attention when the father explained his theory on the speed of the little people. It reminded me of aliens :) HAHAHAHA Just an aside, but I am fascinated with the idea of aliens. I think that the world is too big for me to believe that aliens do not exist.

Anyway...

The previous statement is the reason why I like the premise of the movie. The characters were okay but not really notable - except for the slug and the snail, they are puppies! hihi. There were lots of funny scenes thanks to them. 

I guess that's about it. Epic (2013) is an entertaining film - just don't expect it to be the pure "epic". You can, however, consider the below description:

Epic, adj.
pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style.

1 comment:

  1. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Ooops, watch out for the captcha!