June 30, 2013

World War Z

My dad, boss, and one of my friends were the ones who recommended World War Z to me. Coming from them, I expected a lot from the movie. I also remember my brother talking about world war z years ago - maybe it was the book? Anyway, with those recommendations, it was prudent of me to watch the movie.

courtesy of aceshowbiz.com

Hmmm, the movie was entertaining enough but fell short of my expectation - kinda like how I felt when I watched Brave and Hunter x Hunter. I was, however, intrigued into reading the book. I feel like there are allusions in the book that I will find really interesting, allusions that weren't obvious to me in the film. 

Storywise, I like it because it has a unified direction. It just lacked on emotion - I didn't care about the people "dying"; it didn't even make me heavily question any aspect of the story - probably because it's an action film? I don't know. Ironically, instead of getting grossed out and scared, I found myself laughing because of the zombies' antic, and let's not forget North Korea's strategy of removing teeth, that's 10 points for you Pyongyang.

Lastly, I think I'm also thankful that the film wasn't gory or scary because it would have haunt me in my sleep and even my bathing time. HAHAHAHA 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooops, watch out for the captcha!