Tell me a good story, and I'll do a favor for you.
I am such a sucker for stories. In fact "searching for a good story" is one of the excuses I tell myself whenever I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time online or with people I don't particularly relate to. But since there are so many stories to be told, I will limit myself to posting stories and/or insights regarding Philippine culture in the field of myths, legends, folktales, and sometimes history.
I. Stories and Insights
1. A Mortal Ascends to the Skyworld
The love story of Aponibolinayen and the sun god
2. Tabi Tabi Po: An Overview of Dwarfs in the Philippines
3. Looking for Bernardo Carpio (Mt Binacayan)
II. Insights Only
1. After reading Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo
The One Time I had Hoped for the Existence of Manananggal, Kapre, Tikbalang, etc.
2. After reading The Indolence of the Filipinos
3. After Naermyth: Can I Wait for a Revelation?
Should you have any comments or reading suggestions, please let me know in the comments and I'll momentarily be the happiest kid in Manila.